Saturday 11 April 2009

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!

Crikey! Has it really been over a year since I updated this site? Oh dear...irony is added by the title of my last post too! Well, this time, I am back and mean it. I have been putting chess on the back-burner for a while now. The PhD has been SO busy (but great, check out my website!) but now the academic year will be slowing down somewhat and I plan to put more effort into chess.

I have been keeping my hand in with some 5-minute chess, which has been hit & miss. my training has stopped, so I am very rusty and dropping pieces to simple tactics. Over-the-board play has also been minimal, but I played a couple of interesting games in my local county championships. I will post these in the very near future (yes, I know I said this last time but I mean it!). One was against a very strong player (2100 FIDE) and I was OK for most of the game, but in the end I blundered moving towards time trouble. Another game was a good win against a chap in my club who I have never won against in a regular time control game, and with Black!

So, please forgive my lack of presence, but I am back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.