Sunday 27 May 2007

Round 4

Jim Grange Vs. John Blore
Gwynedd Championships, Round 4




Both of us were doing well on 3/3, and this game could well have turned out to be the decider of the tournament. John is a great player with a career best OTB of over 2100, so I knew this was David Vs. Goliath! I havent included any analysis here, as I really haven't got to the bottom of this gane yet, and as such didn't want to include second-rate analysis.

The game started off with Black playing an offbeat line, and although my knight on a3 looked hideous it served a purpose. In no way was I worse off in the opening, and after I got e4 in I was definitely better. We fought into a complex middlegame, where I soon sacrificed a pawn to go into an ending with numerous Black weaknesses. White was the one pushing in the endgame, but after a couple of inaccuracies from me, Black secured the draw. All to do going into the final round for both of us!

No comments: