Tuesday 26 June 2007

Game 3





The 3rd game turned out to be a highly imbalanced game, right from the opening. An exciting open Catalan produced a materially imbalanced position, with White having a Queen for a Rook, Bishop and pawn. 12)...Rd8 was a move I have not seen before, and seems an improvement over the more 'usual' 12)...Be7 or 12)...h5. The game continued with great complexity, I honestly didn't have a clue who stood better until the ending. Sometimes I felt Black's minor pieces were going to finish me off, then in the next flash i felt "yes, but I have the Queen!" and felt I stood better. This see-saw of positional evaluation continued until the clearer ending of Queen and Knight Vs 2 Rooks and one Bishop, with my pawn on h7 I knew I was on top. This was the most difficult, energy consuming, complex and amazing game of chess I have played to this date, I just hope it holds up to the mighty Fritz's critical eye later in the week!

The next game is scheduled for Monday 2nd July at 19:30 UK time, 14:30 ICC time.

No comments: