Tuesday 5 June 2007

6 game match Vs. Saltoflife

David Vs. Goliath!! I will be playing a 6 game match Vs. Saltoflife on the Internet Chess Club! The 1st game starts on the 5th June, at 19:30 UK time. The time controls are set at 90 minutes, with a 30 second increment on each move.

Salty is a very strong player, as well as a true gent. He is always willing to help out people on the ICC, and Salty is one of LeChessClubs top mentors. With a FIDE rating of 2076, this is going to be one tough match! We have played 2 standard games against eachother previously, with the score being 0.5-1.5 in Salty's favour. Although I'm by far the underdog, this is a position I like, as I have nothing to lose, and everything to gain :) I hope I can give Salt a good series of games, and put up tough resistance against his fine play!

Analysis of the games will be posted in due course. In the mean time, good luck to Salt in this encounter! You never know.... you just may need it :)

No comments: